Spyne Mini Scooter
Mini scooters have been around for years now, with Razors and JD Bugs getting kids away from the TV and computer and out into the fresh air. Lots of kids have grown up with these lightweight scooters, using them as a means of transportation and also as a source of fun, doing stunts and tricks down at the local skate park.
As kids grow though, these lighter style scooters are no longer durable enough for the moves that they are capable of. It is this need for a tougher scooter for bigger kids (even adults) that has seen the need for tough street scooters like the Spyne. Already tricked out with anodised components and cro-mo Spyne batwing handlebars with lock on grips this is a sick unit ready to be ridden hard straight out of the box.
The extruded aluminium deck and down tube are really light for great manouverability and yet seriously strong for when that jump isn't quite landed properly. With an integrated 1 1/8" headset just like on all the latest high end bikes, the front end is super smooth and blends sweetly with the oversized aluminium front fork. Even the wheels are aluminium and are fitted with Abec 7 bearings for smooth running and long life.
The Spyne scooter comes in 3 wicked colour combinations. Purple/green, silver/red and black/gold and features a cool stainless steel brake on the back wheel.
A cool scooter for those cool kids who have grown out of their toys and now need something more durable, tougher and already pimped with anodised bits and pieces.
Spyne Mini Scooters in Action YouTube
Technical Stuff about why Spyne Scooters stand apart from the others.
The forks headtube and handlebar clamp are all fully integrated which is not only really strong, but looks great.
It has a U6 headtube to minimize wear on the bearings *
The Axle and Flex Bolts are Cr-Moly to stop the little groms rounding out.
Oversize handlebars (like the Madd Gear Nitro)
Extruded aluminium deck, (like the Blunt, except better, 82.5 degree headtube)
Flex Brake to reduce weight and eliminate rattles
* Puro™ U6 Aluminum Alloy. Ultra light Puro™ U6 aluminum alloy is 25% stronger and 20% more fatigue resistant than traditional 6061 aluminum alloy. Puro™ U6 aluminum allows suppliers to use very thin tubing without sacrificing strength.
Spyne scooter specifications:
- 6061 T6 aluminum extruded deck
- 6061 T6 aluminum extruded 'H' down bar with internal gusset
- U6 aluminum head tube
- 110mm/4.3" wide
- 82.5 degree head tube angle
- 6061 T6 aluminum to suit integrated headtube
- Integrated threadless headset with CR-MO cups and sealed bearings
- SPYNE CR-MO 550mm/21.65" width x 550mm/21.65" with 5 degree rake
- 110mm SPYNE alloy rims with 88A high rebound urethane
- ABEC 9 bearings
BITS and PIECES
- SPYNE integrated bar clamp
- Stainless steel flex brake
- CR-MO allen key bolts on wheels and flex brake